Civil Complaints

As an alternative to trying to resolve your problem through the filing of a criminal or consumer complaint, you may want to consult with a private attorney to determine whether you should proceed with filing a civil lawsuit.

The State Attorney’s Office cannot act as your attorney in a civil matter, nor can we offer legal advice on how you should proceed. Please understand that our inability to assist you in this regard is not from a lack of concern, but because of the restrictions and jurisdictional constraints of Florida law.

If you cannot afford an attorney, you may qualify for "reduced fee" legal services. You may contact Brevard County Legal Aid, Inc. at (321) 631-2500 or  Seminole County Bar Association Legal Aid Society at (407) 834-1660. The Brevard County Bar Association also offers a lawyer referral service that provides a short consultation for a small fee. Call (321) 254-8801 for further information..

You may also want to consider filing a Small Claims Court lawsuit, which can be done without the assistance of an attorney if you so choose. Information and forms for this procedure can be obtained at any Clerk of Court Office in the appropriate county. Information on Landlord Tenant laws can be obtained in Chapter 83 of the Florida Statutes or from the Division of Consumer Services.  You may also wish to visit our additional resources page for information on other agencies that might be able to assist you.


Created and maintained by:
Site Developed and Maintained by Nsync Data Systems
"N-Sync Computer Services"